News / Current Issues Archive
Back to Current News / Current Issues
DISCLAIMER: This page contains archived information for this program. It is posted for reference only. You may experience broken links since we do not maintain hyperlinks on archived pages.
10 March 2005 - Final Rule - Hazardous Waste Manifest System Modification
Briefly, the final rule:
- implements a new manifest form and continuation sheet for tracking hazardous waste.
- prohibits use of fractions and decimals when specifying quantities on the form.
- establishes procedures for using the manifest to track rejected/forwarded wastes and regulated container residues.
- modifies the manifest acquisition process, establishes a registration procedure for printers of the manifest, and specifies manifest printing standards.
- makes minor changes to RCRA regulations to become consistent with Department of Transportation (DOT) hazardous material regulations regarding "bulk" packaging.
The changes to the manifest form become effective on September 5, 2006. At that time, all waste generators must begin using the new manifest form, regardless of individual state RCRA authorization status. Continue using old manifest forms until September 2006.
Memos & Suspenses
Environmental Compliance Assessments (ERGO)
Environmental Compliance Topics
Policy & Procedures
Environmental Management System (EMS)
News / Current Issues
Division & District POCs