June 22, 2010
Chief of Engineers 2010 Natural Resource Management Awards
I am very pleased to announce the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers selections for the Chief of Engineers Natural Resources Management Awards for 2010. Your collective team's submitted some exceptional candidates this year, and all nominations were worthy of recognition. The first four awards listed below recognize individuals who have done exceptional work in the fields of interpretation, environmental compliance, recreation, and natural resources stewardship, respectively. The fifth award recognizes a Corps lake project based on their accomplishments in management efficiency, public involvement, public safety, management effectiveness, and partnerships as related to all elements of the Natural Resources Management program.
This year's winners are:
1. Hiram Chittenden Award - Ms. Kim Hammel, Mississippi Valley Division, St. Louis District, Carlyle Lake
2. The Natural Resources Management Environmental Compliance Employee of the Year - Mr. Kenneth Duncan, Northwestern Division, Portland District
3. The Natural Resources Management Recreation Employee of the Year - Mr. Daniel S. Brown, South Atlantic Division, Wilmington District
4. The Natural Resources Management Stewardship Employee of the Year - Mr. James A. Sykes, South Atlantic Division, Savannah District, Richard B. Russell Project
5. The Natural Resources Management Project of the Year - Clearwater Lake, Southwestern Division, Little Rock District
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all of those who submitted deserving nomination packages.
Hard copies of memorandums announcing the winners and acknowledging those who were not selected are working their way to you. On Friday of this week, award recipients will be forwarded information concerning the Senior Leaders Conference Awards Banquet on 2 August 2010, where their awards will be presented by the Chief.
Back to E-mails and Memos