To open links in a new window, right click on link and select "Open in New Window"
- Army Civilian Personnel Online (CPOL)
The Army's premier human resources site. Many relevant features include:
- Army-wide vacancy announcements
- CPOL Library
- My Biz
- Access your Defense Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS) personnel record. To learn how to login to My Biz, click here
- Performance Appraisal in "My Biz" - Log on to CPOL web site.
1. Select Performance Appraisal Application (PAA), Version 2.0.
2. At the Performance Appraisal Application Main Page, click on "Show Completed Plans/Appraisals."
3. Leave the "Rating Official Name" blank. Appraisal Year: 2009. Event: Annual Appraisal - NSPS.
4. Click on "Find" then click on "Generate Appraisal Form"
- Position Description Library
containing a variety of known position descriptions by CPOC region
- Training and training tools
including need assessment survey tools
- Army Knowledge Online
Army knowledge online is a comprehensive Army website dispensing a variety of career and job related information. This site is password protected and you will be prompted to sign on as a user.
- Classification Issues
- Commercial Sites
- Career Magazine
A broad-based site that lets you learn about developing resumes, training and education opportunities, and more.
- Cool Works
Summer and winter jobs at national parks, ski resorts, cruise lines, etc.
- Environmental Career Opportunities
A good source of job vacancies in the environmental field.
Ready to make that geographical relocation? A cost of living comparison calculator, as well as other moving tips, will help you manage that decision.
This site is set up for use by guidance counselors, but contains good information about furthering your education and has links to many colleges and career programs.
- Proven Resumes
A site with resume writing tips and job search workshops.
- The Resume Place, Inc.
A site with resume writing tips and resumix help. Especially designed for the federal job applicant.
- Corps of Engineers Proponent Sponsored Engineer Corps Training, (PROSPECT)
- Council for Excellence in Government
Internet-based project that provides research data and ideas that commencement speakers at middle schools, high schools and colleges can use to talk about the importance of working in government.
- EP 690-2-2 - Natural Resource Management Career Development Guide
This guide was developed before the advent of the Standard Organizational Structure (SOS) for Operations, but much of the content remains valid today. This guide allows readers to explore the career ladders and training requirements and suggestions associated with five different "elements" of the natural resource family: rangers & specialists, District office staffers, park managers, maintenance, and clerical support personnel.
- Federal Career Intern Program FCIP
- GS Pay Tables
Click on Salaries and Wages link
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
OPM is the agency in charge of the federal work force. This site contains:
- Other Links:
- American Society for Training and Development
An association for training and development professionals; this Website contains a wealth of information on developing on-line training.
- America's Learning Exchange
Offers access to other training databases.
- Army Benefits Center
Changing your benefits? Do it here. Learn about "open seasons" on health and life insurance and the Thrift Savings Plan.
- Environmental Leadership Initiative (MELDI)
It has information on and links to a large collection of environmental internships; jobs (in environmental organizations, government agencies, corporations, overseas); volunteering opportunities; and professional associations (including an extensive list of professional associations specific to African Americans, Native Americans, Asians, and Hispanics.
- Federal Daily
An online edition of the Federal Employee News Digest that provides readers with the most up to date federal actions which may affect you as an employee.
- Federal Government Distance Learning Association
The goal of this site is to promote distance learning within the Federal Government.
The gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies.
A Government Website that contains a wide variety of information useful to Government employees including jobs and training.
- General Services Administration (GSA)
Provides federal agencies the workspace, products, services, technology, and policy they need to accomplish their missions.
- GSA Office of Civil Rights, Employment Opportunity
An all-encompassing look at the provisions of Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
A society supporting endeavors that foster and promote the agricultural and natural resource sciences and related fields in a positive manner among ethnic minorities.
- National Association for Interpretation (NAI)
This site is dedicated to the advancement of the profession of interpretation where employees can learn of national and regional training workshops and achieve different levels of certification.
- National Safe Boating Council
This site is for the advancement of safe boating through education. Boating instructor certification training course available.
- NRPA National Recreation Park Association
This site will provide information on professional certification, workshops and conferences available, and good networking opportunities.
- Publications of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
A fine reference site for Engineer Regulations (ER's), Engineer Pamphlets (EP's), Engineer Circulars (EC's) and more.
- Social Security Online
The official Website of the Social Security Agency.
- Tec Direct
This site is hosted by the U.S. EPA's Technology Innovation Office and provides an information service that highlights new publications and events of interest to site remediation and site assessment professionals. Good information that will be of primary interest to project and District personnel with Environmental Compliance Coordinator (ECC) duties.
- The Washington Post, Federal Internet Guide
A Washington Post-sponsored guide to Federal Agencies and sites on the Internet.
A site allowing you to research pending and finalized legislation.
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies Directory
A list and links to Federal Agencies on the Internet.
- United Sates Office of Government Ethics
Information and on-line training concerning ethics in the U.S. Government.
- Women in Natural Resources
An organization (primarily for women but men are welcome) promoting professional development and growth.
- Recommended Reading
The electronic version of Government Executive Magazine contains a wealth of current and archived information on a variety of topics ranging from budget battles on the hill, pending legislation, and our personal favorite, career topics.
Most federal jobs can be found here. This site allows you to search for positions by agencies, job series, and many other choices.
- Wage Grade Wage Schedules
(Click on Appropriated Funds Pay Schedules)
At a Glance
News / Current Issues
Policy & Procedures
Comments & Questions
Good Enough to Share
Steering Committee Members
Division & District POCs