Volunteer Program - Training
There is not a PROSPECT course available on the volunteer program. Districts are encouraged to hold their own workshops for volunteer coordinators.
Corps of Engineers Ongoing Available Training/Presentations
- 2017 NRM Workshop Partnership/Volunteer presentations
- 2021 Excellence in Partnerships and Volunteer of the Year Award webinar, August 2021
- Part 1 Volunteer Program Introduction webinar, January 2022
- Part 2 Volunteer Program: Job Design, Recruitment, and Selection, January 2022
- Part 3 Volunteer Program: In-Processing and Paperwork, February 2022
- Part 4 Volunteer Program: Supervision, Orientation, Training, Incidental Expenses and Reimbursements, February 2022
- Part 5 Volunteer Program: Evaluations, Recognition, Awards, NRM Assessment, March 2022
- Volunteer Background Investigation Policy Update - 19 March 2020
- Volunteer Management Modules 1-3 (Position Descriptions, Recruitment, Interviewing) - February 2015
- Volunteer Management Modules 4-7 (Motivation, Supervision, Training/Orientation, Delegating) - April 2015
- Volunteer Management Modules 8-12 (Performance Reviews, Performance Problems, Recognition) - June 2015
- Volunteer Program overview, April 2021
- Volunteer.gov Refresher Training June 2021
- Water Safety Information for Employee/Volunteer Training & Safety Briefings, Feb 2022
To request a PowerPoint version of this information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WRRDA 2014 Volunteer Implementation Guidance, August 2016
FITV Interagency Volunteer Training
- Points of Light and Hands on Network
This non-profit organization offers various opportunities including an annual conference held each summer.
- Conference on Volunteering and Service Points of Light's annual Conference provides attendees an opportunity to learn, connect and be inspired through a wide range of informative plenary sessions, workshops, immersion learnings, special events, service projects, exhibits, specialized tracks and more.
- Public Lands Alliance
This non-profit organization offers an annual convention and trade show that includes sessions on volunteers.
- University of North Texas
Certificate in Volunteer and Community Resource Management & individual courses available online.
Classes include: Social Evolution of Contemporary Volunteerism, Leadership Theory & Practice for Public/Private Sector ,Volunteer Management Concepts and Applications, Community Resource Mapping & Collaboration, and Volunteer Program Planning and Evaluation.
- Virginia Tech University
Partnerships and Volunteerism - This course is available online through the Natural Resources Distance Learning Consortium.
Items below are restricted to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and will open in a new window.
National Volunteer Week
Policy & Procedures
News / Current Issues
Good Enough to Share
Volunteer Clothing, Brochures, and Posters
Volunteer Plans and Handbooks
Job/Activity Hazard Analyses
National Public Lands Day
Background Checks/Volunteer Computer Access
Division & District POCs
Corps Photo Album for Volunteers
Volunteer Pass Program
Volunteer Program Annual Reports
Corporate Social Responsibility/Volunteer Programs