At a Glance
The Corps of Engineers camping and day use fee programs are established under the Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1965, supplemented by Public Law 92-347, and amended by Public Law 93-81, Public Law 93-303, and Public Law 103-66. The law provides for the charging of special recreation use fees at designated Federal recreation areas.
The goals of the recreation use fee program are:
- to recover a portion of the cost of administering, operating, maintaining and improving specialized recreation facilities, services, or supplies;
- to distribute public use more effectively to preserve resources and reduce overcrowding;
- to support the national economy through the provision of quality recreational experiences;
- to control facility use to deter incidences of vandalism and other disruptive behavior;
- to foster a responsible user ethic among recreation users.
At a Glance
News / Current Issues
Policy & Procedures
Recreation Use Fee Waiver for Military
Good Enough to Share
Summary of Authorized Recreation Fee Discount Passes
Senior Pass Program Change Info (Eff. 28 Aug 2017)
Division & District POCs