May 23, 2007
Training Vacancies Available - Interpretive Services PROSPECT Course (5-7 June 2007) - CEU's Now Being Offered
1. A few vacancies are still available for the next Interpretive Services PROSPECT course, scheduled for 5-7 June 2007, at the Tom Bevill Training Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
2. This is an important part of the Natural Resources Management (NRM) Training Program, and all park rangers, NRM/recreation specialists and resource/park managers are encouraged to attend.
3. I'm also pleased to announce that, beginning with the June 07 course, all students will be receiving Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
4. This course provides instruction on preparing and presenting interpretive programs, planning interpretive materials such as signs, brochures, etc., and demonstrates how interpretive principles can be used to help meet project management objectives in all program areas. Interpretive skills are useful to those working in environmental compliance, recreation, stewardship, partnerships and any other position requiring public contact or preparing materials for the public.
5. Anyone interested in taking this course (Interpretive Services #072), should immediately contact Beverly Carr, Huntsville Course Manager, at 256-895-7432 (Beverly.Carr@usace.army.mil) or send a DD1556 Training Form through their Training Coordinator to the Huntsville Registrar's office.
Back to E-mails and Memos