July 23, 2021
New National MOU with YMCA of the USA
I’m pleased to announce a new national MOU between USACE and the YMCA of the USA (Y-USA). (see attached). This MOU will help us to seek opportunities to cooperate in programs to advance awareness of educational and recreational opportunities for youth that relate to outdoor based activities. The Y-USA is a non-profit organization that is committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Examples of shared program missions include outdoor recreation, water safety education and STEM education. For more info: https://www.ymca.org/
Both USACE and the Y-USA have worked successfully together on projects of mutual interest and value to the nation and want to expand that collaboration into a national partnership. This MOU establishes a mutual intent of the Parties to continue this partnership based on the following:
Shared commitments to the welfare and safety of the public as it pertains to land and water-based recreation;
- Shared commitments to encourage collaboration and increase interaction between affiliates of both parties at the National and local levels to augment public safety and recreational efforts;
- Shared desire to provide a broad range of recreation opportunities and to exchange information, technology, and products that support public engagement in recreational activities and public safety including water safety.
- Shared desire to promote stronger communities by partnering on programs, services, and initiatives focused on youth development, safe and healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Shared desire to coordinate efforts to bridge the growing disconnect between young people and the great outdoors by creating meaningful connections to nature through four pillars: play, learn, serve, and work.
- Shared desire to engage youth in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) activities that nurture their curiosity, inspire creativity, and teach them how to succeed.
Please feel free to contact me, or your division Partnership Advisory Committee member if you have any questions: (NAD-Scott Sunderland; SAD- Francis Ferrell; MVD-Phil Manhart; LRD-Allison Walker; SWD-Jennifer Linde; SPD- Taylor Baughn; NWD- Heath Kruger; Emeritus: Tennille Hammonds)
US Army Corps of Engineers
National Partnerships and Volunteer Program Manager
Back to E-mails and Memos